Saturday, March 11, 2006

"KAFKA KAIJU EIGA" finished this morning...

(And speaking of Godzilla...)

I finished drawing and lettering my little four-pager for my son Dan's upcoming zine, Hot Chicks Take Huge Shits, this morn. It's entitled "Kafka Kaiju Eiga" and it worked out pretty nicely, if I may say so myself. Turning it over to editor Dan tomorrow when we get together for a birthday (mine) supper -- a real breakthrough for the ol' 51-year-old pop I am, as we'll be joined by my daughter Maia Rose and hopefully her beau Matt -- which I'm greatly looking forward to.

This strip has already inspired two more I'm going to draw up this week, the first of which will be "Ubu Yog".

Existential/Dadaist kaiju eiga comix are my new calling in life -- this phase may have as fleeting a lifespan as an adult lacewing, but hey, I'll savor it while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home