Monday, March 06, 2006

A New Venue to Discuss Creator Rights Issues Online Launches Today...

This just in from Al Nickerson, an active cartoonist and comics pro who in 2005 sponsored the first venue for discussion of the Creator Bill of Rights in over a decade. Al and his associates (Brandon Carr & Chuck Morrison) are elevating the discussion to a whole new level as of today, and I urge you all -- particularly those of you with a stake in this via your own work in various fields, from cartoonists to journalists, from poets to novelists -- to take part.

"On March 6, 2006, in honor of Will Eisner’s birthday, Brandon Carr, Chuck Morrison and myself will launch The Creator’s Rights Forum.

This is the place where anyone and everyone can join in the talks on The Creator’s Bill of Rights and creator's rights in general.

Creator’s rights is a topic that is very dear to many of us. For only continued discussions on this subject further much needed change for comic book artists and creators. So, please feel free to speak up, speak loudly, and speak often."

Make the jump, right now --
  • The Creator's Rights Forum


  • See you there!

    3 Comments:

    Blogger SRBissette said...

    Hey, Dandy Don! They're indeed here -- I've not seen you since that fateful day, didn't intend to hold on to the PRIZEs (pun intended) for so long. Sorry to have prolonged the loan so; I've done the same to others (still looking for those two animation book, Dobbs!), and had the same done to me (go ahead, loan something to Clive Barker!). Apologies.

    Al got me your email contact -- will contact you later today; off to Town Meeting, sniffling and sneezing...

    3/07/2006  
    Blogger SRBissette said...

    (PS: Poor Al -- he opens this progressive site, and in his initial flurry of calls, gets this. Ah, we cartoonists are soooooo progressive...)

    3/07/2006  
    Blogger Mike Dobbs said...

    Ahem...and don't forget the pile of stuff I lent you for your History of Comics class, too...interviewed Ray Bradbury today...nice guy!... will be posting a piece on my blog probably tomorrow with the quotes on King Kong that I won't be using in my newspaper piece...too bad there's no link to my blog from your blog. It would be easier on your readers who are interested in such topics, but I don't rate like Mr. Martin! Nope, not me. No link for the old editor. Nope. Wouldn't be prudent.

    Damn this cross gets crowded. Here's a claw hammer...make some room, Bissette.

    Meeeooooow!

    Dobbs

    P.S. to the other Mark M. Next time I see you you'll going to get a axe handle up your colon...the same axe you're putting through your TV.

    Ain't I a stinker?

    3/07/2006  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home