Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Eye-Yi-Yi --

Image at left: NOT my eye, but extreme blepharitis case. I'm nowhere near that bad.

Well, again with the left eye, but it's been different this time: no yellow yeasty gunky film, no hideous red. Just a week, almost two, of slight runny eye, slight bloodshot white, but being a good student of Dr. Wertham ("the injury to the eye motif") and Fulci and all things wet, orb-like and vulnerable, I go to my eye doc and go through another battery of yellow dye, pressure tests, and eyeball scrutiny.

So, it turns out I've got something incredibly common, and growing more frequent with global warming: Blepharitis.
  • The National Health Institute provides this handy guide,
  • and it's so common my eye doc had a handout to give me about it. Unguent, 10 days of treatment, and new eye hygiene thereafter, and I should be fine.

    Whew. Cool it, Staphylococcus.

    Have a wigged-out Wednesday; I'll be typing when I'm not teaching, and teaching when I'm not typing...

    Labels: , ,

    6 Comments:

    Blogger James Robert Smith said...

    Oh, goddamn!

    Not as gross as last time, but still unsettling to a guy with one eye.

    Take care of yourself.

    1/30/2008  
    Blogger Jon H Ayre said...

    Oh bugger. I have that too - maybe it's something we caught off the AccentUK Zombies anthology? Well - it would be topical wouldn't it...

    1/30/2008  
    Blogger Jon H Ayre said...

    I had my eyelid cut open today to get rid of a side effect of blepharitis (a cyst) and I'm looking remarkably like the cover you did for Zombies at the moment.
    Ho hum

    1/30/2008  
    Blogger ~ tOkKa said...

    -->> ..when all has healed

    .. your true power will emerge ..

    " **"Uponce the day of your retconing retcon.. and coarse of the sun has past the nineth milieu past mars ..9 times..

    within' the 3rd day of healing.. when you remove your spectacles ..

    Lazers will be able to shoot out of your eyes upon command." ** "


    ..>v<

    1/31/2008  
    Blogger SRBissette said...

    YOW! Jon! Take care!

    Bob, double yow! Take care of that one good eye!

    Tokka, lazers DO shoot out of my eyes upon command.

    1/31/2008  
    Blogger ~ tOkKa said...

    -->> o' dear..then my suspicions were correct all these years..

    " You really are a God ." ..



    ..Ut-oh.. i'm in trouble now !! ..

    >v<

    1/31/2008  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home