Monday, October 01, 2007

Tenderfoot

Just this minute finished my six-page comic story "Tenderfoot" for an anthology the CCS seniors have created for SPX, Dead Man's Hand, a collection of western tales. If you're going to SPX, that's where it'll be.

I'm not sure where this particular non-story came from (no, Steve, it warn't inspired by your rotting toe, but maybe I saw it through cuz of that, in part). No matter -- I had fun with it. I have to extend apologies to Bob Boze Bell, Frederic Remington, Wayne Erbsen, The Holy Modal Rounders, and send a big thanks to Gordon Grice and Treasure Chest of Cowboy Songs, 1935, source of the uncredited song "The Tenderfoot" that prompted the whole thing. I just sort of let it grow -- it's a morbid meditation, like most everything I draw.

Bryan Stone was working on the book's cover and logo earlier this week, and it looked sharp. Co-editors Chris Warren and Morgan Pielli showed me progress on their contributions, too, though I know there's a bunch of material in the home stretch and/or done already. I held off saying anything until I got my part done, but once I get scans from my pages, I'll post somethin' to whet your appetite.

OK, off to bed...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger James Robert Smith said...

Sound interesting. Many moons since last Bissette western tale.

10/01/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home