Monday, April 02, 2007


Bravo Tim!
Bravo Donna!
Bravo Bava!


This past week,
  • Tim and Donna Lucas finished work at last on Tim's Mario Bava biography, and shipped it off to the printer.


  • A hearty congrats to Tim and Donna! Tim and I first met via our mutual love for Mario Bava -- via a fan letter I addressed to him courtesy of Fangoria, enthusiastically responding to Tim's Bava article in that zine -- and I instantly turned over all my Bava files (such as they were) to him, grateful to know someone shared my obsession and was working on a book-length study of Bava.

    Tim's a much better writer than I was or will ever be, so it was a treat. I've been a long-distance cheerleader for Tim's book ever since, though he's had much heavier-hitter cheerleaders and much more vital collections turned over to him.

    It's taken Tim well over two decades to see through his dream project, and he and Donna have poured enormous amounts of blood, sweat, tears, energy and dollars into this venture.

    See, dreams do come true...



    More -- on this and more -- later this morning.


    Labels: , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home